On August 1, 1973, the National Organization for Non-Parents celebrated Non-Parents Day by awarding a Female and Male National Non-Parent of the Year. Last year marked the resurrection of this annual recognition of amazing childfree people and their lives. Childfree authors and bloggers Laura Carroll, Marcia Drut-Davis, Patricia Pedraza-Nafziger, Amy and Lance Blackstone got together and brought back this day of recognition as International Childfree Day, and marked it as the day winners of the Childfree Man & Woman of the Year award are announced.
It’s time for the nominations for the 2014 Childfree Man & Woman of the Year winners to begin! Here are nomination details:
1. Nominees have no children by choice.
2. Nominees are people nominators know or are acquainted with personally or professionally.
3. Self-nominations are also accepted.
In 500 words or less, please answer these questions about your nominee:
1. What about your nominee as a person makes him/her a candidate for Childfree Woman/Man of the Year?
2. What about your nominee’s life makes him/her a candidate for Childfree Woman/ Man of the Year? For example, what accomplishments, contributions to others or the world are exemplary to award him/her Childfree Woman/Man of the Year?
3. How would you say your nominee has contributed to the acceptance of the childfree choice in society today?
Spread the Word!
The deadline for nomination submissions is July 10th, 2014.